Thursday, July 24, 2008

Black In America on CNN--Your Take?

If you missed the 1st installment of CNN Presents: Black in America, I urge you to watch the 2nd installment tonight.

There are mixed feelings across the board in the Black blogging community as to the intended audience for this documentary produced and hosted by CNN's Soledad O'Brien. I will give my take on the special upon seeing the 2nd piece tonight, but be sure to check out the CNN website because there are a host of clips and interviews that are highly informational.

My favorite clip I found via Afrobella this morning. Whoopi Goldberg talks about the fascination people have with her speaking "properly". To her reaction to the question "where did you learn to speak like that?", I can only say "Amen, Whoopi, Amen."

Did any of you see the 1st half of the documentary? What did you think? Were there areas you thought they should have focused more and/or less on in regards to Black Women and the Black Family?

***Edited on 7/25/08: You can watch the full four hour documentary on CNN this Saturday 7/26/08 starting at 8:00pm EDT. My feelings on the Black Men in America segment aren't quite as warm and inviting as for the 1st part. What do you think? What did you think of the documentary as a whole?

No comments: