It's Pumpkin time!
Okay, so in my mind's eye, it's pumpkin time. Growing up as the child of an elementary school teacher, around this time of year, my mother would take her class pumpkin picking. And of course, she would bring at least two or more home. One was our jack-o-lantern for Halloween. The others inevitably ended up as pumpkin bread or pre-holiday pumpkin pie.
Here are some tasty recipes pumpkin recipes that move away from bread or pie (well, one is a kick-it-up-a-notch turtle pumpkin pie, and one is for muffins, which is a type of bread, but is a lot more fun than just some plain ol' loaf in my book).
- Pineapple Upside Down Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake [Mr. Orph's Kitchen]
- Turtle Pumpkin Pie [Kraft Foods]
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding [No Fear Entertaining]
- Pumpkin Muffins [Sounding My Barbaric Gulp]
- Pumpkin Soup [A Yankee in a Southern Kitchen]
Post a Comment