ATTENTION CREATIVE AND TALENTED PLUS SIZE LADIES!
Belle-Noir Magazine is looking for fresh new contributors in various areas. Writers, photographers, artists, and more are all welcome to join the team!
Who we are: Belle-Noir Communications launched in 2003 and has since established itself as a leading media outlet for the plus size community. We have two main objectives:
1) To promote the positive image of plus size women of Color by featuring content (i.e. articles, artwork, photos, etc.) of an informative, entertaining, and inspiring nature, created specifically with the plus size Woman of Color in mind.
2) To support the work and deeds of other individuals who promote size acceptance, the positive portrayal of plus size women, and the positive portrayal of women of Color.
What we are looking for: Those interested in sharing their thoughts, reviews, experiences, photography, video, etc. As long as it pertains to the plus size community, we are interested in learning more about it and sharing it with our readers.
Specific positions currently open for assignments are:
• Fashion & Beauty Writers & Editors
• Entertainment Writers
• Special Features Writers & Editors
• Photographer (must be in New York City area)
Specific duties and details will be emailed to those whom we have an interest in.
What we can offer you: In addition to providing an outlet for your work (always with full credit assigned) you will be provided with all-access passes to events, celebrity meetings, free music, literature, films, etc., and a Contributing Writer (Editor) / Photographer credit on our website (great for enhancing your resume and making connections in the field). The opportunity for advancement to an Editor position is available who prove themselves dedicated to furthering the mission of Belle-Noir Magazine and Belle-Noir Communications.
For more information: If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please respond to this post via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following –
1. Your name
4. Experience (please include a resume, if available)
5. At least one relevant pitch (please tell us an idea you have for a contribution to our website – include word count and general outline for piece)
The positions described above are at this time not financially compensated. We are a volunteer-only staff. However, the expansion of our efforts could lead to paid positions in the future. At this time, please do not contact us if you are seeking a paid position.