Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On The Go: Beauty Travel Tips with Toccara

Model Toccara Jones recently offered her personal travel tips to stay beautiful this summer in an interview:

1. Drink plenty of water. It’s amazing! Planes will dry your skin out. I am traveling at least three times a week, and I can tell when I don’t drink enough water because my skin will get dry.

2. Wash your face, and take care of your skin. I love Neutrogena makeup wipes. It makes your skin feel good, and other brands don’t really take your makeup off as well. I also try to steam my face whenever I can, even in my hotel rooms.

3. Wear lashes. I love me some lashes! Even if you don’t have time to do your whole face, ladies, learn how to put those strips on! That glue can be dangerous for your eyes, so I prefer to put on the strip. Brows make the face too. I mostly keep a natural face when I travel though.

4. Keep hairpins on you. You never know when you’ll need to pin your hair up. They’ll come in handy, you can use them as paper clips, or to keep your shirt closed… It has multiple uses! [laughs] You’ll be MacGyver with those.

5. Wear brighter lipsticks. It makes your teeth look whiter. I’m a Chapstick girl [for moisturizing], and I’m so into my lipstick. It’s grown and sexy. Gloss can be messy when you’re meeting and greeting people, cheek kisses and all that.

6. Keep your nails natural. Fingernails are very time consuming, so I think the smart thing to do would be to go more natural when you’re on the move. If I could, I would keep my natural nails and file them instead of wearing nail tips and dealing with fillings. They can crack, and I have to deal with getting them done every two weeks.

7. Wear a good foundation under your clothing. Proper undergarments, slips and so on make anyone of any size look fabulous no matter what you wear.

Read more about what's new with Toccara and the rest of the article at http://www.urblife.com/the-look/toccara-offers-travel-beauty-tips/.

No comments: