Happy Holidays frugalicious ones!!
It has been a couple of weeks, but I needed some downtime to focus on some other things in my life, but rest assured, I've been thinking about you!! Hope all is well with you and your family this holiday season!! I know trials come and we get discouraged every now and then, but please know that trouble doesn't last always and you can find ways to have joy and peace in your life, even during the storm.
If you don’t live under a rock, then you know that horrific event took place last week. All those beautiful children and adults who cared for them gone; lost due to senseless violence and someone’s personal agenda. It was traumatic for all involved and all who watched. We were all affected by it, but I’m here today to challenge each and every one of us to rise above the slump of depression it caused and honor the memories of those who lost their lives.
I will not get into discussions about what could have, should have or might have happened if. It is time to turn off the television, stop reading the recaps and move on with living our lives because we are still here. Because we’re still here, to me that means, we’re still in the position to bless others. Don’t let those lives be lost in vain; do something to help your fellow man today, everyday!!
How? By making Random Acts of Kindness a lifestyle; a way of life. We take kindness for granted in this society, but I feel when we’re kind to ourselves and others, we truly do make this world a better place. You never know how a person’s day is going, so don’t underestimate your smile or wink at them, you holding the door for someone, you complementing someone on their outfit or hair or even going back to the basics: saying “Thank You”. It’s not only polite, it invites others to be just as nice as you, even if just for that one moment.
Are you ready to fill the rest of 2012 and all of 2013 with your acts of kindness? They don’t even have to be random if you don’t want them to be. I think God will be pleased, as well as the recipient of your kindness, if you PLAN it. Sit down, make a list. We won’t mind. It’s all good…literally. While you’re here, let’s start one now. You know you’re here with the Frugalicious Diva, so we have to put a frugal spin on it. Lets’ just see what we can come up with, shall we?
Donations. You know this is always a big deal for me. Also, it’s the end of the year, so you still have a little time to donate to charitable organizations and get your tax deduction forms. If fact, here’s your first frugal act of kindness:
- Donate your goodwill tax deduction forms to a homeowner who can benefit from them.
- Drop your used clothing and shoes into the donation bins in your community.
- Give your old trophies to the Special Olympics organization.
- Have money left on your coffee house card? Give it to the next person in line.
- Slip someone a $20 bill when they’re not looking. Make their day!!
- Allow your child to choose 1-2 toys to donate to a child that is spending Christmas in a shelter.
- Use freecycle to give away nice things that someone can use again.
Couponers, I wanted to separate this list especially for you because you will understand the terms. I’ve gotten some of these ideas from my fellow online coupon buddies. They are great ideas and ensure that you’re both paying it forward and passing on the blessings!!
- Make a basket of stockpile goodies for your mail carrier, assistant or your child’s teacher.
- Donate items from your stockpile and replenish your church’s pantry or a food bank.
- Bag up your free beauty items in cute goody bags and donate them to a women’s shelter.
- Ask if you can host a pamper party at a Domestic Violence shelter and gift every woman with a gift bag
- Donate proceeds from a sale to a needy family for Christmas.
- Did you run across a coupon related MONEY MAKER at the store? Walk around the store and randomly give the rewards or money to someone shopping.
- Give out coupons to other customers while shopping. They won’t mind you snooping in their cart if you’re going to help them save money.
- Make stockpile laundry baskets for college students. They will appreciate that toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and soap!!
- Find all your mailbox freebies a new home, or use them!!
- Share the gift of couponing!! Make someone a coupon binder and watch them go!!
As you can see, the possibilities are ENDLESS!! What else can you do to make it a “Random Frugal Acts of Kindness? kind of day? I’d love to read them!! Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter. Use hash tag #frugalicious #frugalRAOK and #26acts to honor the fallen in Connecticut. Enjoy your blessings and even more, your ability to be one!! Muah!!
Follow Me on Twitter at @FrugaliciousDva