Friday, February 29, 2008

Essence Magazine Casting Call for Upcoming Plus Size Issue

Editor's Note: Found this on the blog of an Essence staffer this morning and had to share. I am encouraging all of my ladies who are a size 14 through 18 to show up in numbers. As I commented on the blog I found the posting on this morning, perhaps the powers that be at Essence were going for the plus model standard when they decided to do their casting call for models between the sizes of 8 and 18. But they should be informed that within the plus community, plus size starts at a 14. Having a casting call that starts at a size 8 doesn't seem to me like they quite "get it". But it is a start.
Best of luck to all who apply!

1 comment:

Glen said...

I hope to see more activity like this in the plus size modeling world.